Inaugural Issue of UCSF Transplant News - Fall/Winter 2015 - Vol. 1 - No. 1
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital have launched a new publication, "Transplant News", providing "a more comprehensive approach to communicating the latest breakthroughs available to the patients and families we serve" in the words of John P. Roberts, M.D., Professor and Chief of the UCSF Division of Transplant Surgery and the Transplant Service at UCSF Medical Center.
The inaugural issue includes the following stories:
- A Passion for Quality: An Interview with Transplant Surgeon Ryutaro Hirose
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco Opens at Mission Bay
- Blood Test Predicts Signs of Acute Rejection in Kidney Transplants
- UCSF Is Number One in NKR Living Donor Kidney Transplants Performed
- UCSF Medical Center, CPMC Join Forces for 18-Patient Kidney Transplant Chain
- Defying a Deadly Family Trait
- Dr. Peter Stock Instrumental in Passage of Bill Lifting Research Ban on HIV Organ Transplants
- National Kidney Registry Honors UCSF Transplant Service
About the ProgramAs one of the largest and most respected programs in transplantation, UCSF has served as a standard
for transplant centers around the world. We have an outstanding team of faculty and staff, who are dedicated to providing the best clinical care and advancing science through research and education. As chief of the service, I am truly grateful for the life-changing work that is carried out by our team every day.